The acquisition of another business or company, or merging with another enterprise, can make sense from different business perspectives, including increasing your market share, reducing competition, cutting costs and overheads and gaining the skills of specialist staff.
At other times, a disposal of your firm may be the most appropriate course of action, perhaps because the time is right for retirement or because you want to free up funds for other business ventures.
Whether you are starting a new venture, expanding an existing business or wanting to take life easier, the processes involved can be complex and time-consuming and need to be professionally managed to minimise risk.
At Fiander Tovell accountants in Southampton, we can provide support and expertise to help you to achieve the result that brings you maximum benefit. We will help you to make informed decisions and support you every step of the way.
As well as project managing the transaction, we can provide expert advice in specialist areas such financial due diligence on a business you are considering buying, reporting on any potential risks, so that you know exactly what you are buying and have the information you need to negotiate a favourable deal.
We can also assist with preparing forecasts and business plans to help you source finance. Our strong relationships with many lenders mean that we arrange introductions so that you can start discussions about funding and, if you wish, we can be directly involved in negotiations.
Our services also include:
- identifying ways to increase the value of your business prior to a sale
- identifying potential targets for acquisitions or mergers
- identifying potential purchasers
- screening targets for suitability
- carrying out business and company valuations
- negotiating with vendors or purchasers
- advising on heads of terms (final offer letters)
- structuring sale agreements
- advising on the tax implications of transactions and maximising tax efficiency for the business and individuals involved.
For more information on how Fiander Tovell accountants in Southampton can help you, please contact us.