At Fiander Tovell Accountants in Southampton, our clients come first. Our advice and services are designed to bring our clients maximum benefit, by helping them to run their business more efficiently and cost-effectively, to maximise performance and profit and to keep more of the money they make through effective tax planning.
Our Corporate Team provides audit services to clients with turnover of up to £1bn. We are looking for someone to join the team and progress their career, complete their professional qualifications and establish a long-term career with the firm.
Working closely with the Audit/ Corporate Managers, the successful candidate will be a key member of the Corporate Team. The Audit Senior will contribute to the successful completion of audits and work with colleagues and managers to deliver high-quality audit services that comply with the auditing standards. Studies for professional qualifications (ACA or ACCA) will be supported.
The responsibilities of the Audit Senior will include:
- Completing audit fieldwork in accordance with auditing standards
- Coaching and supporting other team members
- Planning and completion on audit assignments
- Accounts preparation
- Communicating clearly with clients and colleagues on a timely basis using the most effective medium
- Commit to team objectives, taking ownership for the successful completion of your own work and pride in the achievements of your team and other team members
- Demonstrating enthusiasm and commitment to continuous learning and development
- Active participation in the life of the firm
Key relationships will include:
- Audit Managers
- Colleagues in other teams
What you'll bring to the team
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Studying towards ACA or ACCA qualification
- 3 years’ experience in an accountancy practice
- Confident using MS 365 software, experience of CCH an advantage
- Clear and effective spoken and written communication skills
- A commitment to your ongoing personal development
- Personal values that align with the Fiander Tovell values of Opportunity, Fairness, Transparency and Accountability
What we can offer you
At Fiander Tovell, our people come first.
Our independent, director-led practice is always keen to foster new talent; whether it’s among our work experience placements, our trainees or experienced hires. Once you’re part of team FT, you’ll discover a friendly, down-to-earth office culture, where we emphasise personal service and productive relationships.
We prioritise training and career progression at every level, ensuring our people are truly put first.
Our values sit at the heart of our success, influencing the way we work together as a team (and with our clients) on a daily basis. We pride ourselves on prioritising:
- Opportunity – Maximising the potential of every person through development and continuous improvement
- Fairness – Ethics, caring, support and equal opportunity for all
- Transparency – Open and clear communication
- Personal Responsibility – Personal accountability and service
- Teamwork – Working together to achieve our shared goals.
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Flexibility over working hours
- An opportunity to learn and develop your career within a stable and well-established firm with an excellent local reputation for reliability and quality
- A friendly working environment
The Fiander Tovell team is growing fast, so we’re always on the lookout for fresh new talent. To be considered, please send your CV and a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fiander Tovell is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. This means that all job applicants, employees, and directors will receive equal treatment regardless of race, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation or disability.