Business Services Senior
Are you an experienced Bookkeeper seeking career progression, or an established Business Senior looking for your next role within a reputable firm? If so, we might just have the perfect position for you.
Working in close collaboration with other members of the Business Services team, you’ll be providing outsourced management accounting support to clients. Reporting to the Business Services Manager, you’ll work alongside all other members of the Business Services Team and Client Managers across the firm to produce top-notch work, including:
- Bookkeeping work, such as:
- Bank reconciliations
- Wages reconciliations & journals
- VAT returns
- Closing balance journals
- Preparation of trial balance for accounts
- Providing coaching and support to AP/BSS Juniors, ensuring that juniors are able to complete their assignments to agreed standards
- Remaining committed to personal continuous professional development, ensuring that your skills remain current and relevant
- Liaising and communicating with clients as agreed by the Client Manager or BSS Manager
- Working to the deadlines and budgets set by the BSS Manager and being proactive in dealing with scenarios where delays or overruns are identified.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE TEAM
We’re looking for someone who’s a forward-thinker; someone who strives to support the wider team and sees being challenged as a chance to grow. You’ll possess the desire to execute your role to a high standard, as well as the following key attributes:
- A minimum of 3 years bookkeeping experience
- Experience using Xero (effectively and confidently!)
- Clear written and spoken communications skills with both clients and colleagues
- The ability to make effective decisions about the appropriate channel of communications
- Strong and effective organisation skills and a methodical approach to your work
- Effective prioritisation skills, adapting your approach to achieve multiple deadlines
- The ability (and desire!) to work independently without close supervision
- A commitment to continuous improvement on a personal and firm level
- Great interpersonal skills
- A commitment to the values of our firm.
If you’re AAT qualified, that’s a bonus! But don’t be afraid to apply if you’re not – we’re looking for more than just a qualification.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
At Fiander Tovell, our people come first.
Our independent, director-led practice is always keen to foster new talent; whether it’s among our work experience placements, our trainees or experienced hires. Once you’re part of team FT, you’ll discover a friendly, down-to-earth office culture, where we emphasise personal service and productive relationships.
We prioritise training and career progression at every level, ensuring our people are truly put first.
Our values sit at the heart of our success, influencing the way we work together as a team (and with our clients) on a daily basis. We pride ourselves on prioritising:
- Opportunity – Maximising the potential of every person through development and continuous improvement
- Fairness – Ethics, caring, support and equal opportunity for all
- Transparency – Open and clear communication
- Personal Responsibility – Personal accountability and service
- Teamwork – Working together to achieve our shared goals.
The Fiander Tovell team is growing fast, so we’re always on the lookout for fresh new talent. To be considered for future opportunities, please send your CV and a covering letter to: email@example.com
Fiander Tovell is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. This means that all job applicants, employees and directors will receive equal treatment regardless of race, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation or disability.